It is mind boggling to me that our nation’s capitol has the worst school system while New York has one of the top. As someone that has lived in NYC and is anti New York when it comes to anything other than the social life, I am speechless. Exposed to LIFE Hell or New York City
, It’s all the same!
For the complete list of best and worst public schools, click here.
Having lived in several major cities including Las Vegas, New York, and my home town Los Angeles aka “Hollywood”, I understand Hank Williams Jr. feelings when he stated “Just send me to hell or New York City, it would be about the same to me.”
For many years I have debated with die hard New Yorkers about the living conditions the city has to offer. In my debates I have always offered that there is no city like New York City in terms of social life; however, why should you sacrifice acceptable living conditions for fun.
If you have ever been to New York City you know the following:
1. It is acceptable to live in an apartment on top of McDonalds, your neighborhood cleaners, or even your favorite pizza place
2. New Yorkers still have not realized that everyone in modern society uses trash cans instead of black trash bags
3. It’s one of the most expensive cities in America
4. Manhattan and parts of other boroughs of New York City STINK and reek of a bleach like smell mixed with garbage
5. The city is full of rats
Now consider these facts:
1. Manhattan which is only 13.4 miles long and 2.3 miles wide is the most densely populated county in the US at 70,595 residents per sq mile with close to 2 million living in a land area of 22.96 miles
2. On any given day Manhattan’s population swells to almost 3 million people
I spent 5 plus years dealing with the madness of New York. Many of those years I was fortunate to spend most of my time in Little Falls/Upper Montclair a suburb of New Jersey. Unfortunately, no matter how far you move away from the hustle and bustle of the New York City, you must go there to experience any action.
LIFE in NYC is a “matter of personal preference and not a value judgment”. Depending on what you are accustomed to you may think LIFE in NYC is the greatest. As someone who has lived in a house 90% of my LIFE and who aspires to one day live in a beach front home, LIFE in New York City is NOT for me. I am asked quite often would I ever move back to NYC. After being Exposed to
LIFE New York City, my answer is always the same…. It’s a great place to visit, but can’t say I would live there AGAIN.